by Richard Smith
Bowker | Mon Nov 21, 2016
If you’re an author and want to stay on top of the important issues in the world of publishing—issues that affect you—you need The Hot Sheet.
With all the chatter out there, it will help you sort through the noise with stories that focus on relevant topics from across the publishing spectrum. From author success stories to key industry statistics, you’ll find what you need to know in The Hot Sheet. Click here to Subscribe to The Hot Sheet!
We're focusing this time on comings and goings -- as in two new services that might be of use to our author-subscribers: Palatium is intent on getting indies' books into ebook subscription services in various parts of the world, while Books-A-Million has jumped into the self-publishing arena (which already was a bit crowded). Meanwhile, BookExpo might be America's biggest publishing trade show, but it's getting smaller fast, and making changes along the way. In Europe, there's a new court ruling on ebook lending and publishers aren't sure they like it. Plus: the election no one can stop talking about and new imprints in trade publishing. All this is here for subscribers, along with regular features such as The Hot Sheet's Links of Interest and Hot Sheet Index. Check it out!
The latest edition of The Hot Sheet has these publishing industry features for our author-subscribers:
• Palatium: A New Go-Between for Authors and Subscription Services
• BookExpo’s Coming Changes: Smaller, and Not Only in Name
• Yet Another Self-Publishing Platform—This Time from Books-A-Million
• Europe’s Court Rules That All’s Fair in Print and Ebook Lending
• The Authors Guild’s Look at Potential Election Implications
• The Latest New Imprints in Traditional Publishing
• Links of Interest
• Hot Sheet Index
• Hot Sheet Services Directory
• Upcoming Events Where You’ll Find Us