by Richard Smith
Bowker | Wed Sep 7, 2016
If you’re an author and want to stay on top of the important issues in the world of publishing—issues that affect you—you need The Hot Sheet.
With all the chatter out there, it will help you sort through the noise with stories that focus on relevant topics from across the publishing spectrum. From author success stories to key industry statistics, you’ll find what you need to know in The Hot Sheet. Click here to Subscribe to The Hot Sheet!
In addition to taking a closer look at two new US reading surveys from Pew Research and the National Endowment for the Arts, for this issue we’ve also investigated the relaunch of the Book of the Month Club and new initiatives at the mobile-reading startup Tapas Media. Also, starting with this issue, you can find a list of industry events we’re attending or reporting from.
The newest edition of The Hot Sheet from Jane Friedman and Porter Anderson features these topics of industry interest to savvy authors:
• The First Half of 2016: Traditional Publishing’s Not-So-Stellar Performance
• Tapas Media: Keep an Eye on Their Monetization of the Short Stuff
• A Look at Reading in America, Part 1: Pew Research
• A Look at Reading in America, Part 2: NEA’s Survey
• The Relaunch of Book of the Month Club
• We’re Programming Digital Book World’s First Author Conference
• Links of Interest
• Hot Sheet Index
• Hot Sheet Services Directory
• Upcoming Events Where You’ll Find Us