If you’re an author and want to stay on top of the important issues in the world of publishing—issues that affect you—you need The Hot Sheet.
With all the chatter out there, it will help you sort through the noise with stories that focus on relevant topics from across the publishing spectrum. From author success stories to key industry statistics, you’ll find what you need to know in The Hot Sheet. Click here to Subscribe to The Hot Sheet!
In this edition of The Hot Sheet's publishing industry news expressly for authors, we get some great insights from industry insiders on the seeming "frontlist fiction sales slump"—where are the big hits of 2016? We also introduce to you a Hollywood-heady new development in a crowdfunding publisher you may want to know about, as well as a new tool from Draft2Digital, a close look at Reedsy's Book Editor, and a careful consideration of the Sisters in Crime's brand-new study on diversity in the mystery genre. Plus: Do you know Stephen Lotinga, who's heading the UK's Publishers Association in the "age of Brexit?" All this, plus our Links of Interest, Hot Sheet Index and Directory. perfect for hot-weather August reading in a busy news-summer for authors!
The newest edition of The Hot Sheet features these topics of industry interest to savvy authors:
- A “Dry Spell” for New Novels on the Bestseller List: Does It Mean Anything?
- Pivoting toward Tinseltown: Inkshares’ Offer Goes Hollywood
- Draft2Digital Offers “Universal Book Links” That Anyone Can Use
- Reedsy’s Book Editor Tool: A New Way to Produce Ready-to-Go Book Files
- Cozies of Color: Sisters in Crime Investigates Itself on Diversity
- Links of Interest
- Who Is That? Stephen Lotinga
- Hot Sheet Index
- Hot Sheet Services Directory