If you’re an author and want to stay on top of the important issues in the world of publishing — issues that affect you — you need The Hot Sheet.
With all the chatter out there, it will help you sort through the noise with stories that focus on relevant topics from across the publishing spectrum. From author success stories to key industry statistics, you’ll find what you need to know in The Hot Sheet. Click here to Subscribe to The Hot Sheet!
The January 11, 2017 edition of The Hot Sheet from Porter Anderson and Jane Friedman is a big start to the new year, with TWO roundups of predictions for the coming year, one for traditionally publishing authors and one for self-publishing indie authors. We also have a summary of book sales performance in 2016 and a look at one of the most wrenching issues in terms of freedom of expression — which publishing historically staunchly supports, of course — we've seen in years.
The latest edition of The Hot Sheet has these publishing industry features for our author-subscribers:
• Indie Authors in 2017: Professionalization Is the Buzzword
• Traditional Publishing in 2017: Fewer Contracts Overall?
• Print Sales Were Up in 2016, but Barnes & Noble Isn’t Celebrating
• Keep an Eye on UK Taxation and Authors
• Some Call for Boycott of Simon & Schuster after It Signs Controversial Alt-Right Author
• Links of Interest
• Hot Sheet Index
• Hot Sheet Services Directory
• Upcoming Events Where You’ll Find Us