If you’re an author and want to stay on top of the important issues in the world of publishing — issues that affect you — you need The Hot Sheet
With all the chatter out there, it will help you sort through the noise with stories that focus on relevant topics from across the publishing spectrum. From author success stories to key industry statistics, you’ll find what you need to know in The Hot Sheet
. Among the most important insights in this issue:
- We will be bringing you regular trend reports on what’s selling for the Kindle. The first installment offers insights into the billionaire romance category as well as mystery, thriller, and suspense.
- Libraries buy $1.5 billion in books each year, and authors are paid a royalty for all those sales. As library collections shift more digital, we look at how payouts from big publishers are affected.
- The Authors Guild recently hosted a discussion to look at progress made by the book publishing industry in diversity, equity, and inclusion since the summer of 2020. So far? There is optimism that the change we’re witnessing is a movement and not just a trend.
Here's a look at the new edition's table of contents:
• Hot Shots
• Amazon Trend Report: Billionaire Romance and Mystery/Thriller/Suspense
• Black Voices: Short-Term Progress or Sustainable Change?
• As Library Collections Move Digital, What Happens to Author Earnings?
• Links of Interest
• Old Flames
• Closing Image
The Hot Sheet is delivered every 2 weeks via email.