If you’re an author and want to stay on top of the important issues in the world of publishing — issues that affect you — you need The Hot Sheet
With all the chatter out there, it will help you sort through the noise with stories that focus on relevant topics from across the publishing spectrum. From author success stories to key industry statistics, you’ll find what you need to know in The Hot Sheet
One silver lining of this pandemic: we’re able to bring you more rich insights than ever before as industry conferences go online and make recorded sessions available. This week, we have trend information from:
• All About Audio, a global conference focused on the rise of audio in all formats and markets
• Nielsen, which is tracking and regularly reporting COVID-19’s effects on book sales in the UK and Ireland
• BookNet Canada, which is offering a variety of sessions online that would’ve been part of their annual Tech Forum.
And, in this issue, Trailblazes has has information about a new Literary Arts Emergency Fund to support the publishing community during the pandemic.
Here's a look at the new edition's table of contents:
• Hot Shots
• Audio Revenue Predicted to Overtake Ebook Sales by 2023
• Publishers Who Continually Refresh and Improve Metadata Enjoy Better Book Sales—Especially at Amazon
• UK Book Sales Appear to Be Worse Off Than US Sales
• Links of Interest
• Hot Sheet Index
• Closing Image
The Hot Sheet is delivered directly to subscribers via email every other Wednesday.