If you’re an author and want to stay on top of the important issues in the world of publishing—issues that affect you—you need The Hot Sheet.
With all the chatter out there, it will help you sort through the noise with stories that focus on relevant topics from across the publishing spectrum. From author success stories to key industry statistics, you’ll find what you need to know in The Hot Sheet. Click here to Subscribe to The Hot Sheet!
The new edition of The Hot Sheet includes a consideration of censorship in the US and how frequently it relates to the lack of diversity that characterizes the publishing industry. There's also an intriguing number on how many titles were self-published in 2015, based on a newly derived figure from Bowker, the US ISBN agency. We also have a sneak peek at Reedsy's new free courses for authors and at that "Bestseller Code" book...does it really crack the code? All this and much more is in the latest edition of The Hot Sheet's industry news expressly for authors.
The newest edition of The Hot Sheet from Jane Friedman and Porter Anderson features these topics of industry interest to savvy authors:
• Cracking The Bestseller Code (Or Is This Idea Just Cracked?)
• A Sneak Peek at Reedsy’s Free Courses for Authors
• A Forty-Year-Old Industry Analysis Group Looks Authors’ Way
• PEN America Reveals the Dark Combo of Censorship and Diversity Struggles
• In the NINC of Time: Observations from the 2016 Conference
• Bowker Releases New Figures on Self-Publishing Output in 2015
• Don’t Get Confused: Amazon Review Policy Change Doesn’t Affect Books
• Links of Interest
• Hot Sheet Index
• Hot Sheet Services Directory
• Upcoming Events Where You’ll Find Us