If you’re an author and want to stay on top of the important issues in the world of publishing — issues that affect you — you need The Hot Sheet.
With all the chatter out there, it will help you sort through the noise with stories that focus on relevant topics from across the publishing spectrum. From author success stories to key industry statistics, you’ll find what you need to know in The Hot Sheet. Click here to Subscribe to The Hot Sheet!
The Hot Sheet, just back from a big week at AWP (the Association of Writers and Writing Programs) in Washington, has a host of issues for its subscriber-authors from the publishing industry — a busy winter!
Here's the Table of Contents:
• Another Vegetable in the Short-Read Salad: Radish
• Ebook Distributor Smashwords Expands Its Reach to Libraries
• A Growing Call for Collaboration among Independent Publishers—and Authors, Too
• Celebrity Books: Are They Taking Work from “Real” Writers?
• Graphic Book Bestseller Lists among the Most-Mourned New York Times Losses
• Links of Interest
• Hot Sheet Index
• Hot Sheet Services Directory
• Upcoming Events Where You’ll Find Us
As always, the intent of The Hot Sheet — written by industry pros Jane Friedman and Porter Anderson -- is to provide both traditionally publishing and self-publishing authors with the analysis they need to understand the most important developments in the publishing industry. It's written without agenda — "no hype, no drama" as the slogan goes. Annual subscriptions are available, Bowker customers get a special discount, and there's a 30-day free trial, too.