If you’re an author and want to stay on top of the important issues in the world of publishing — issues that affect you — you need The Hot Sheet.
With all the chatter out there, it will help you sort through the noise with stories that focus on relevant topics from across the publishing spectrum. From author success stories to key industry statistics, you’ll find what you need to know in The Hot Sheet. Click here to Subscribe to The Hot Sheet!
The new issue of The Hot Sheet gives traditionally publishing and self-publishing authors exactly the specialized analysis they need to get all the pertinent publishing industry news -- and then get back to writing. Since the last report, there's been a new update from Author Earnings, more on Barnes & Noble, and much more. There's also a quick look-ahead to London Book Fair. Don't forget that Bowker customers get a special rate on their Hot Sheet subscriptions (30 day free trial, too). It's exactly the news authors need, expertly analysed, and with "No hype. No Drama."
Here's the Table of Contents:
• Still Showing a Lag in Indie Share, Author Earnings Tours Offshore Markets
• Amazon’s Affiliate Payments Drop Significantly
• Hachette UK’s Latest Move to Boost Its Digital Profile: Buying Bookouture
• The Latest Disappointing Barnes & Noble Earnings Report
• Another Author-Facing Startup Would Like Your Attention
• A Quick Look Ahead at London Book Fair’s Author Programming
• Links of Interest
• Hot Sheet Index
• Hot Sheet Services Directory
• Upcoming Events Where You’ll Find Us
As always, the intent of The Hot Sheet — written by industry pros Jane Friedman and Porter Anderson -- is to provide both traditionally publishing and self-publishing authors with the analysis they need to understand the most important developments in the publishing industry.