In February of 2013, O'Reilly Tools of Change hosted a one-day symposium for authors, called Author (R)evolution Day. TOC filmed the event, and is now offering a downloadable video of the entire event for $19.99. It's five and a half hours of self-publishing deliciousness, including appearances by Cory Doctorow, Jason Allen Ashlock, Kate Pullinger, Porter Anderson, and yours truly.
- The Author Blueprint for Success: What Does it Look Like?
- Give It Away: How Free Digital Content Creates Paid Book Sales
- Radical Advocacy: Literary Agents on Your Side
- Community-Driven Publishing: Leveraging New Patterns of Content and Audience Development
- An IP and Copyright Primer: What You Need to Know in an Ever-Evolving Publishing Landscape
- How to Put it Together Part 1: Choosing a Production and Distribution Service
- How to Put it Together Part 2: Thoughtful Strategies Around Marketing and Discovery
- Embracing Data
- Way Beyond the Book: Opportunities for Writers in the Digital Age