Selling books at local events such as craft fairs, gift shows and Holiday celebrations can help you make some money as it provides additional benefits. Here are several reasons you might want to attend these events.
• You can sell personally autographed books on a non-returnable basis at full price
• If you sell 50 books, each at $14.95, you will take home about $750 for the day
• You may find the networking beneficial. I know of people who made contacts at local events that led to large-quantity corporate sales and media appearances
• Get increased exposure. Some events expect 5,000 or more attendees
• Display your books with other authors to share the costs and have a fun time
• Regular sales at local events give you a rewarding sense of momentum and activity while working toward long-term, larger sales.